J and I have always loved fried chicken, but lately, we have found a new love -> home-roasted chicken legs. They are so easy to make and definitely healthier than their fried counterparts! Furthermore, throw in any of your favourite root vegetables and you have a complete meal. Enjoy!
Chicken legs with skin
Green bell pepper
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cut sweet potatoes, carrots and green bell pepper into bite-sized chunks and place in oven-safe dish.
- Season chicken legs with salt and pepper and rub olive oil onto them, before placing them over the sweet potatoes, carrots and green bell peppers inside the dish.
- Quarter tomatoes and place them into dish.
- Sprinkle thyme and rosemary leaves over the chicken legs.
- Place into oven and bake for 1.5 hours.
- Last 5 min, brush maple syrup onto chicken legs and switch oven to grill setting at high, to brown the skin and make it crispy.
Hope you will enjoy these perfectly roasted chicken legs as much as we do!