J and I love this pasta sauce which was introduced to us by Mum. This recipe is good for 4 pax. Because most of my time is spent taking care of the baby while she is awake, I’ll usually cook this when I am free, then store it in 2 separate portions and freeze them for later use. When J and I are craving for pasta and are ready to eat them, we would just cook pasta and thaw this pasta sauce in the pan. Once the pasta sauce is reheated, just toss in the pasta and enjoy!
3 tablespoons of Canola oil
1 large Onion (diced)
500g Medium Ground Beef
Salt and Pepper
6 cloves Garlic (minced)
Crushed red peppers
2 Bay leaves
1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (796 ml)
1/4 cup Ketchup
5 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of Mixed Vegetables
- Saute diced onions till they are soft and brown in canola oil.
- Add ground beef and salt & pepper to season in pan.
- Add minced garlic, crushed red peppers, bay leaves and thyme, and cook till beef is browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, ketchup and worcestershire sauce and cook till sauce is reduced by half.
- Add mixed vegetables and cook till done.