On days when you need a quick meal that is nutritious and easy to make in no time, I would say the best bet is Chicken à la King.
This classic creamy recipe that consists of chicken, mushrooms and vegetables is a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey (then it’ll be called Turkey à la King?). This recipe can also be made ahead in time and reheated when you are ready to indulge! Serve over cooked rice or pasta and enjoy!
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 8 White Button Mushrooms or 3 Portobello Mushrooms (sliced) or a combination of these mushrooms
- 1 Can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- 1/2 Can of Water
- 1/2 Can of Milk
- 500 grams Cooked and Shredded Roast Chicken Breasts and/or Roast Chicken Thigh Meat
- 1.5 Cups of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Salt & Pepper
- Sauté diced onions, minced garlic and sliced mushrooms in a pan of olive oil over medium-high heat till soft and aromatic.
- Add in 1 can of Cream of Mushroom condensed soup.
- Using the same can, add in half can of boiled water into the pan.
- Add in another half can of milk into the pan.
- Add in chicken and stir well.
- Add in frozen mixed vegetables and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice or pasta.
I will probably make Turkey à la King after Christmas using leftover roasted turkey and red & green bell peppers. The beautiful festive colours of the peppers will make a pretty dish to serve during Christmas or anytime you deem fit!