Following the end of the 10-day trial of Tingkat Delivery from Kim’s Kitchen (KK), we ordered a 10-day trial from Hong Choo Catering Services (HC). This time, we are very happy with the food, and will highly recommend to anyone who is hunting for tingkat meal delivery services.
The food was still piping hot when HC arrived at our doorstep. Out of the 10 days, KK delivered at least 2 dishes that were most likely already spoilt due to the funny vinegarish-sourish taste they had when we ate them. Unlike KK, HC also provides food that is of higher cost and quality. We have had 6 fish dishes, and all tasted great! Although HC does not provide a menu schedule in advance, we find ourselves looking forward to receiving its food delivery every single day, in the hope of being surprised by what we get. And till now, we have not been disappointed yet. Every weekday dinner was a pleasant meal!
The following shows what we had for the past 10 weekdays:
- Braised Fish in Soy Bean Sauce
- Steamed Egg
- Curry Vegetables
- ABC Soup
- Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts
- Fish Cakes
- Braised Chicken with Peanuts
- Herbal Soup with Pork Ribs
- Stir-Fried Bok Choy
- Fried Fish in Soy Sauce
- Chicken and Snow Fungus Soup
After trying 3 days of 3 Dishes + 1 Soup meal, we wanted to try their 4 Dishes too, HC gladly accommodated to our request, and promptly delivered 4 dishes the next day. We liked that HC is very flexible and accommodating. KK did not allow us to do that for the trial period!
- Stir-Fried Cai Xin
- Egg Beancurd with Celery
- Rolled Tau Kee
- Rendang Pork Slices
- Fried Chicken Wings
- Fried Fish in Soy Bean Sauce
- Stewed Mushrooms
- Stir-Fried Bok Choy
- Stir-Fried Spinach with Ikan Bilis
- Ngoh Hiang
- Sweet & Sour Pork
- Braised Chicken
- Assam Fish
- Stir-Fried Cabbage
- Spring Rolls
- Seafood Roll
- Stewed Cauliflower
- Herbal Chicken Mid-joints
- Steamed Minced Meat
- Sweet & Sour Fish
- Stir-Fried Pork with Leek
- Loh Han Chye
- Egg and Vermicelli Soup
- Chinese Cabbage Stir-Fry
- Braised chicken Mid-Joints
- Fried Fish in SoyBean Sauce
- Lotus Root and Peanut Soup with Pork Ribs
The above was of 2 pax portion, and displayed both their “3 Dishes + 1 Soup” and “4 Dishes” options. The 10-day trial from HC cost us $110 nett, and is more economic than KK which cost $118.77 for the same offer.
In conclusion, we will continue our tingkat meal delivery service from Hong Choo Catering Services for the following reasons:
- Food taste and variety suit our taste buds
- No MSG or a negligible amount of it was used in their food
- Love their fish dishes – Fresh and Tasty
- Soups were tasty
- Food was still hot when delivered at doorstep
- Reasonable and affordable price
- Delivers lunch too
- Friendly and accommodating management and service
They do have some misses too:
- Portions were substantial during trial, but when we started ordering for 3-pax, the portions have been about the same as their 2-pax trial.
- Fish dishes for 3-pax have been the same amount as their 2-pax trial.
- Used to be able to cancel meal delivery on same-day if we informed before 9:00 am, now we were told to inform 2 days in advance!?! Nonetheless, they still accept if we inform at least 1 day in advance.
We pay $290 for 3-pax portions plus rice for 2-pax. The breakdown is $270 for all the dishes for 3-pax, and $20 for a packet of white rice for 2-pax.
Hong Choo Catering Services Tel: 6858 3170 http://www.hongchoo.com.sg
New update on 22 August 2014:
We have been enjoying dinner delivery from Hong Choo for more than 5 months now. For the past 10 days, we ordered a 10-day trial from a different caterer – Hilltop Dinner Delivery (山顶晚餐外卖). You may read our new blogpost on our 10-day trial with Hilltop Dinner Delivery, and our conclusion of it here: http://wp.me/p48223-Nv