I mentioned the many benefits of oatmeal in a previous post (read it here: https://jremembrance.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/breakfast-oatmeal/ ), and that there can be an infinite number of ways to prepare a healthy, wholesome and nutritious breakfast meal for your love ones.
This is currently our favorite savory oatmeal recipe, and when I say our favorite, I really mean it for all three of us.
Salmon in Lemon Dill Sauce
- 200g salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of dried dill leaves
- Sprinkles of garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (or 175ºC). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Place salmon in the baking dish. Mix the butter and lemon juice in a small bowl, and drizzle over the salmon.
- Season with dill, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until salmon is easily flaked with a fork.
Prepare oatmeal and steamed broccoli, and add the salmon with a little of its sauce along with the florets of the broccoli into the prepared oatmeal. Stir well and Bon Appetit!