I love my mini muffin tins for their superb versatility! I use them to bake mini cupcakes and even savoury muffins or quiches for my little one. Perfectly sized for little hands to hold, these treats are great for toddlers who are in the phase of feeding themselves!
These delicious flour-less breakfast-bites are so easy to make, takes no time at all, and are very healthy for little ones.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 mini muffins)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- Add-ons if any (Here, I used mixed vegetables, tuna and shredded cooked chicken)
- Grated cheese (I used Coon and Vintage cheeses)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared pan, filling cups about ⅔ full (if making original, without add-ons).
- If you want to add on any other ingredients (like mixed vegetable, cooked bacon bits or tuna, etc), fill cups with egg mixture up to half-full.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the cups of egg mixtures. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until eggs set.
- Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before eating them.
When completely cooled, muffins can be wrapped in sandwich bags and kept in the refrigerator or frozen. When they are ready to be eaten, simply microwave each mini muffin for 15-30 seconds, or until heated through. *So feel free to double or even triple the recipe if you have a handful of little ones to feed!