For tonight’s dinner, I made Butter Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon served with Farro grain and Steamed Broccoli. 😍👍 We love the hearty nuttiness and chewy texture that the healthful whole grain Farro adds to our meal. As a bonus, Farro contains twice the protein and fiber of modern (common) wheat!
To make the salmon, the recipe is as follows:
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to medium heat.
- Melt the sugar, honey and butter in a small saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard and soy sauce. Let cool.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon skin side down on an oven-safe dish. Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the sugar mixture.
- Bake salmon for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on salmon thickness) to medium doneness.
To prepare the Farro:
- Add 1 cup Farro to 4 cups of water or stock, and a pinch of salt.
- Boil on high for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover and simmer for 50 – 60 minutes until berries are plump and chewy.
- Drain excess liquid.
We hope you will enjoy this simple yet delicious meal as much as we do!