My mother prides herself for cooking only good quality healthy food for my family. She has always been committed in buying food that is not only high in its nutritional content, but also pays attention to the method of cooking it. I used to have the luxury of eating fresh steamed fish every single day. Although we are not wealthy, my mother was never stingy when it comes to buying food, because she believes eating good quality food nourishes the body and prevents us from ingesting sub-quality food that may eventually harm the body system, resulting in a frail and sickly body.
With a dedicated mother who sets her priority in providing good and wholesome food for the family, I aspire to be like her when I became a wife and a mother myself.
This multigrain fried rice consists of brown, wild and red rice grains. Just like what my mother always say, “Healthy food can taste very very yummy too!”
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 cups of multigrain rice, cooked
- 4 eggs, seasoned
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 10 cloves Shallots, sliced
- 10 cloves Garlic, minced
- 250g Chicken, cubed and marinated
- 150g Tiger prawns (about 10 pieces), cubed
- Bunch of Cai Xin or any other green leafy vegetables
Seasoning for omelette:
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- Dash of white pepper
Marinade for chicken:
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- Dust of black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon of EVOO in a pan and add eggs to make omelette.
- Dish out and set aside for later use.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan till fragrant.
- Fry the shallots and garlic till fragrant and starting to crisp.
- Add the chicken and stir fry till they turned white and are almost cooked through.
- Add the cooked rice. Stir and combine and mix well.
- Add the prawns and stir fry till they turned orange.
- Add eggs and vegetables and stir fry till vegetables start to wilt.
- Dish out and enjoy!
I made this for our weekend, and J loved the meal <3! He could’t help but finished 2 servings. Little E polished up her small bowl of serving too! I am satisfied and feeing thankful.